- We have 2 services 8:30am and 10:30am.
- The 10:30 service can be seen online via our YouTube page. See our home page for link.
- Each service lasts approximately 1 hour.
- The 8:30 Service is contemporary, 10:30 is a mix of contemporary and traditional.
- Both services offer communion.
- All baptized Christians are welcome at the table of the Lord. Please follow directions of the ushers.
- Dress ranges from casual to Church dress.
- We have hearing assist devices available for those who wish to use them during worship. Please see an usher for assistance with this service
- We offer various Sunday School classes.
- Page down for FAQ..
Nursery is available at both services. Children will leave after the Children’s service and can be picked up after the sermon.
Sunday school is on Summer vacation and will resume in the Fall.
Adult, children and youth Sunday school classes are offered between the services starting at 9:30 and ending about 10:15.
Check out the adult classes on our Faith Formation page.
Check out children and youth classes on our Children and Youth Networks page
May I receive Holy Communion?
All baptized Christians who believe that Christ’s body and blood are truly present in the bread and wine are invited to receive Holy Communion. Children who have not yet received first-communion instruction are invited to come to the altar to receive a blessing.
How do I become a member?
You don’t have to be a member to worship or take part in activities at Joy. (You don’t even have to be Lutheran!) If you’re new to the ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church in America) and decide that you would like to become a member, please speak with the pastor or call the church office at (864) 486-1036 for more information. Whatever your background, we welcome you to and look forward to sharing our faith, our ministry, and our fellowship events with you
Can I meet with the pastor?
Yes! Please call the church office at (864) 486-1036 or send an email via the Contact Us page.
Can you take prayer requests?
We pray for anyone with special needs, regardless of whether or not they are a member of our congregation. If you have a special prayer request, please call the church office at (864) 486-1036 or send an email via the Contact Us page so that we can add your prayer concern to our list.